HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shot and missed, darn soy beans...
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 04:40 AM
datrep
Spike

Default Shot and missed, darn soy beans...

So......sitting in my ground blind across a soy bean field about 30 mins. before dark. I hit my grunt and noticed a set of ears leap up and towards the tree line. I glass the tree line and notice a doe. I think to myself "curse these soy beans, how long have they been there???" All I can see is the doe's head. I look for the other set of ears that I saw and can't see anything.

I line up the doe in my scope and suddenly notice the other set of ears. A yearling. I decide not to shoot, as not to orphan the young deer.

Then I notice that the yearling is big enough to eat and fend for itself, so game on mama doe. But, yet another problem arises. The darn soy beans!!!!! They are tall enough and the hill in the middle of this field has cut off my view of the doe's entire back and chest region.

I decide to lay the cross hairs right above the leaves of the beans and pull the trigger. Needless to say, she bounded off into the woods. When I went to check for blood (fingers crossed) I heard her and her young scurry off deeper into the trees.

Dang soy beans.

(I'm buying another stand and doing some lumber jacking on the trees behind my blind this afternoon after work)