HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A interesting hunt indeed!
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 01:47 PM
deer toe
Spike

Default A interesting hunt indeed!

It was a foggy morning. My partner and I were talking about our two guns -, my double and his 870 slug when all of a sudden he said look at that by that hill. I picked up my binoculars and saw horns peeking up on the other side. We decided to wait. An hour passed and we could still see him a teeny bit, luckily it was the rut. I pulled out my doe bleat and called him in. He came charging in like the bull he was but suprisingly he made a quick turn to his left and ran into the brush. Dumbstruck, I tried to find out what happened - did I move, was it my sent? I looked at my friend and said, did you do anything? He shook his head no. I turned back around to find out that the buck walked out with a doe. I quickly sized up the two and aimed at the buck. I pulled the first trigger it knocked him down but the buck got to his feet. Boom! The second barrel went off. I don't know how this happened, he probably was out a little more than I thought. But that damned buck tried to get back up so I yanked my buddies 870 out and popped him again. This time it did the trick. He wasn't a record buck by any means but he put the food on the table!
Attached Images  

Last edited by deer toe; 10-29-2011 at 01:55 PM.