HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - turkey broadhead????
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 11:42 AM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

The Rage two-blades I shoot for deer run $39.99 for 3 heads, so do the Gobbler Guillotine I'm trying out for turkeys this year.

I have taken several turkeys while deer hunting over the years (opportunity shots). I took body shots with Rage 2 Blades, NAP Blood Runners, and Muzzy's. Almost every bird I've shot in the body with a broadhead has flopped and flogged for quite a while, even if they do die quickly. I figure I don't take body shots with a shotgun, why take them with a bow?

The one thing I'd say about the "turkey heads", like the Magnus Bullhead, or the Gobbler Guillotine is that you REALLY need to practice with your broadheads. Even though they're thin blades, they're still a fixed blade, and they need a little extra steerage in the rear.

I was using 3 straight blazers on my shafts with Rage 2 blade heads, and I can't shoot groups under 40yrds or I have to buy new arrows. The Gobbler Guillotines were all over the place. I swapped over to 4 vanes with 4" duravanes, still straight, and now they're flying very well. I clocked mine so the blades are level, flying like a +, not like an X. Based on my targets, I'm 100% confident if I get a bird within 40yrds, I'll cut his head clean off!