HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rut Activity?
Thread: Rut Activity?
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 08:12 AM
doetrain
Nontypical Buck

The last couple of days have brought about a little change in my area as regards the pre rut situation. I have not been out myself but my Nephew has been out this morning and just gave me a report from his Buck heavy area here in Southern Indiana. The biggest 8 pointer he has ever seen with his own eyes was 10 yards away from taking a dirt nap when a house cat moving just out of sight must have spooked it enough to move him in the wrong direction. A nice six had just past through 30 minutes earlier half heartedly following a couple of does which he passed on. Last night he saw another nice tall framed 8 or 9 pointer chasing a Doe across hwy. 150 here in our area,the Doe got hit by a car in the opposite lane and he nearly nailed the Buck which had stoped in the road for a brief moment. So I think I can say it seems to be heating up a bit and will only get better as these cold temps push into our area.Good Hunting to all this weekend,I hope to get out in the morning after a long absense from the woods.