HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - X bolt vs. the A bolt
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 07:06 PM
streetglideok
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by HobbleCreek
Thanks for the response streetglide, although being a Road King guy myself I have to take your opinions with a grain of salt.

Let's say you were buying a new long distance shooter elk rifle. Browning doesn't make the X-bolt in 300 RUM. Is there an X-Bolt caliber that you think you would rather have than your Model 70? Assuming the same caliber, would you prefer the Model 70 or the X-Bolt?
Boy, you cant make it easy can you? What should I expect from a FLHR rider . Just about any caliber the Xbolt comes in, the model 70 comes in too. Of all the guns I have, if I were to get an Xbolt to my collection, I would consider a 325WSM. Not a real long range gun though. My wife's 300win would be about the only long range caliber they offer, I think, and I already have one of them,lol. Of the Xbolt and model 70, I'm inclined to go with my model 70. I love the looks and feel of the Xbolt, but I like the CRF of the model 70, the conservative lines of the '70 more so, and the fact that I'm more familiar with them. Dont get me wrong, I like the palm swell of the xbolt stock, and the short throw. If I wasnt a model 70 fan already, I would be an Xbolt fan. Does that help you any? I need to post some pics of my two winnies, and her Xbolt, and you tell me which looks good to you