HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why NOT to use Barnes TSX/TTSX???
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 05:02 PM
HatchieLuvr
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Todd1700
If these bullets offered any advantages over standard cup and core bullets on whitetails then I'd agree with those saying the difference in price would be of little significance. But they don't. They are not needed for whitetails and do not kill them any quicker. I could easily pay 12 dollars for gallon of milk rather than the average 4 dollars a gallon. Only a 8 dollar difference. No big deal in the grand scheme of things. But if the 12 dollar milk is no better than the 4 dollar milk then why pay more? It's not the cost it's simply the principle of the thing.

And I have no experience with the current X-style bullets but a buddy of mine used them years ago. And the ones they were producing back then did not expand and give the kind of wound channels that standard lead tipped bullets did. I never saw well hit deer travel so far after the shot. Thankfully one year was enough and he switched to Fusions and is much more pleased.
I have NO clue what a gallon of milk costs, thats my wifes dept!
But i know bullets and have killed over 50whitetails and a muley, antelope and elk each with Barnes X, TSX, TTSX & their ML bullets as well as had over a decades worth of customers who i put onto Barnes' who hunted the globe with MLs, handguns, rifles and shotguns. The Barnes WORK!!! If they didnt then why is EVERY bullet maker now building a Barnes style/copy?

Henry Ford built a fine tractor 100yrs ago, but John Deere makes em a whole lot bigger n badder now!
HL