HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Unethical hunters
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 10:39 AM
Mite
Typical Buck

Default Unethical hunters

Today, I went hunting for pheasants. In WA State, the limit is two of either sex and only non-toxic shot must be used in WDFW lands. Well today as I was walking towards the parking area my dog found a hen pheasant. It was about 20' in waist high grass. I suspect someone had shot it and left it there. There was a break in the skin and on its back, a pellet entry hole. The grass around it wasn't bent, so no one looked for it.

This isn't the first hen. Week before last, my friend's dog found one about five feet next to the path, wounded, lying in the grass in plain sight. Everyone has to pass by the spot to get to the parking area.

This sickens me. It puts a black eye on every hunter. If they don't want the bird, then DON'T SHOOT IT! I can see cripples running off but the first one was in a wide open grass land of 3" high lying in the open. My friend picked it up while it was still alive. Feed it to the dog if you must but don't hunt game then leave it in the field. It's really selfish. Someone missed the opportunity to hunt that bird.

There has been people who reload lead pellets into shotshells labelled steel shot. Ugh.

/rant off