HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Had a great afternoon with the Irish...
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 02:14 AM
Mite
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sproulman
i remember days like that here in pa. not anymore.seeing 2 grouse a day is big day now.
irish did it again.

toby and me got smoked by a 16 yr old springer on pheasants and i mean SMOKED.

no doubt in my mind now that springer is best i have seen on pheasants in over 45 years hunting.
its hard for me to say that when i like labs so much but we got our a kicked today.
I wouldn't worry about it. Go take Toby out and enjoy him. Sometimes when a dog like a springer will get on a ground scent, they won't let go. And if its old scent - someone flushed it recently, it can be frustrating.

Last Saturday was a test of my patience. Hunting partner has a brit and hunts very thoroughly. Problem was he was stuck in a small area which my dog already ran through - again and again. But his dog kept sniffing the ground. I mean its one thing to trust his dog but another to beat an area to death. All the while, I was watching other hunters walk the entire field ahead of us. We spent - me standing in one place, at least a half hour in an area of about 50' square.