HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How to tell you're not a professional archer
Old 10-25-2011, 06:17 PM
WVCritter
Nontypical Buck

Well, as you can see from the pic, I'm definitely not a professional archer. My bow is an old outdated Browning Vanguard LX, Whisker Biscuit arrow rest, Easton 400 CarbonAeros arrows with 3 inch fletching(The second set for these shafts) and they're tipped with Cabelas 3 bladed 100gr. expandables that I purchased new for $15 for 3 and have used Grim Reapers and Wasp expandables with equal success. Notice that there are no string silencers or noise dampeners and no peep site. I use a No Peep and the new sight I picked up at a yard sale for $8 this past summer. I shot this immature buck at 10 yards last Friday. I've lost count but I'm thinking this is the 15th or 16th deer to fall to this setup in 7 seasons and most fall within sight or hearing distance. I don't feel the need to trophy hunt and deprive myself of tasty venison nor feel the need to impress my peers with the latest and greatest equipment.
Attached Images