HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team 9 Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 05:11 PM
WNYhunter
Typical Buck

congrats to leverdude and corij. nice deer.

our season has been open for a week now. I have only had little guys come around with a few does. But I can tell you yesterday was a day my 16 yo son will never forget.

First thing in the morning he had a nice 8pt and his stand sqeaked and he left. a few minutes later a little 6pt came in and hung around for 30 min. 8pts or better here so he is safe. then a doe and another 8pt came through with no shot.

back in for lunch and a nap.

afternoon hunt. he climbs in a stand and i go to a blind below him 75 yards apart. He hears a grunt and sees a 8pt coming down the hill, fallowed by the same 8pt he spooked in the morning. to far for a shot but they were putting on a show when 1 snort wheezes and hears something coming down the hill. Well in his words "that is the biggest deer he has ever seen". A big 10pt comes down the hill, he grabs his bow and grunts to stop him. lol, here is the best part. he grunted and all the bucks looked at him. the big 10 was 15 yards broadside and he said he had no idea what to do. buck fever at its best. they spent the next 20-30 minutes chasing, grunting they were all riled up. he said it was "fantastic". and i am in my blind hearing all this go on and getting a play by play in text. I kinda wish i was in that stand I might of figured out what to do,lol.

so things might be heating up around here, good luck to all.

Last edited by WNYhunter; 10-23-2011 at 05:13 PM.