HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ohio hunters!!!!! Be in your best stand today!!!!!
Old 10-23-2011, 12:59 PM
nodog
Giant Nontypical

I have a little piece of property that I live on, not big but is one of the woods that dots this part of the state, surrounded by farm fields. Was headed out this morning but just couldn't make myself do it and based on the pics my trail cam has given me didn't see much reason in going so I went back to bed and slept till 10, very rare for me and much needed.

The evening was supposed to be nice so I showered, dressed outside and crept like a snail back to one of my stands. Slunk like an ant up the tree, quietly got everything set and turned to face the woods, to my shock the big buck I'd seen on the cam was bedded 15 yards away licking itself. I slowly turned to get my bow and thought I'd be busted at any minute, but was able to turn draw and as the buck was licking itself send a thunderhead right down it's neck toward vitals. It rolled over as I was grabbing for another arrow and let it fly toward the chest, this one tipped with a rage. It hit and I grabbed another, a rage head and it hit a little high. It still was a twitching when I let the fourth arrow loose through it's chest tipped with another thunderhead. To say the least it never got up. Haven't weighed it yet but it's got to be 200. You can see a pic of that deer down in the trail cam forum as it came out of the fog.

What a rush, still pretty high about the whole thing that didn't take an hour from shower to showing the wife. 4 of my kids helped bring it up, they were pumped too.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trai...0528-deer.html