HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2 Blade Rage not deploying blades...
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 04:12 AM
jerrrrstanley
Fork Horn

My Rage story. The first deer I shot I took a shot that wasn't in one of my shooting lanes and it was dusk so I didn't see the brush and limbs in my way. I found my arrow with blood but after hours of tracking and a tracking dog, no deer. 2 weeks later I had a picture of a skinny doe with a 2" wound just below her spine. Same deer? I think so but who really knows?
Deer #2 is the one pictured below. The close up is of the entry, the one you can see those massive horns (11 pointer) is the exit. 10 yards quartering away, I cut all the way through one rib, half through another on the same side (width wise, not depth). When it exited it was at an angle that didn't involve ribs, it went between them. When I picked up the arrow and inspected it it apeared that the broadhead didn't deploy completely. It looks like it sure did by the pictures tho. The only other experience with rage was my dad shot a doe and had a complete pass through and cut through 2 ribs, one on each side. She made it 100 yards with little blood becuase he was shooting uphill and hit her high-ish. Does this settle the RAGE dispute, hell no, but it proves to me at least that just because you don't think your broadhead performed doesn't mean that it didn't, you need more proof. And I just went into the woods last night for the first time I pushed on my Rage blades before I went out and they were extremely stiff so I took them off and put on a set of other mechanical broad heads I used to use, I can't remember what they are. I didn't get a chance to use them though.