HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2 Blade Rage not deploying blades...
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 09:47 AM
LittleChief
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Todd1700
I have shot bows for 26 of my 46 years of life. Field tips and closed mech heads that fly like them are more accurate than fixed blade broad-heads from the hands of a human being. Perfectly tuned bow being fired from a machine like a hooter shooter then you will see little to no difference. Humans aren't machines. Torque your bow just a weensy bit and it will throw a fixed head off the bullseye left or right by a considerable mark at 40 yards. With a field tip the same amount of torque will throw you off only 1/3 as much. Don't hold form and drop your bow arm a teensy bit at the release and you can shoot 6 inches low at 40 yards with a fixed blade head. Do the same with a field tip and you hit maybe 2 inches low.

Call that anything that you like but I call it a more accurate forgiving head. And if you two don't know that then it's not me that needs a little more experience with the old stick and string.

I guess perhaps if you never shoot past 30 yards or aren't capable of shooting accurately past 30 yards anyway then you may never have noticed the difference. Some people have however.
Wow! Is all of that sarcasm directed at me? You're missing the mark a bit, aren't you? All I said was that GMMAT was right in that out of a tuned bow, fixed blades will shoot as well as a mechanical. I made no reference to anyones experience or lack thereof. Also, my reference to 20 to 30 yards was in response to the "windy conditions" topic. Of course a higher profile fixed blade head is going to catch more side wind, but at most hunter's hunting distances, the difference is negligible.

Of course mechanicals are more forgiving. I don't think anyone could successfully argue against that. In my opinion, the problem is that many hunters use the "more forgiving" aspect of them as a "band-aid" to treat the problems of an out of tune bow or piss-poor form. Mechs may help with the symptoms, but they don't cure the disease.

Originally Posted by Todd1700

I guess perhaps if you never shoot past 30 yards or aren't capable of shooting accurately past 30 yards anyway then you may never have noticed the difference. Some people have however.
This particular sarcasm is taken just as you intended it: as an insult, and it was totally unnecessary.

Last edited by LittleChief; 10-21-2011 at 10:14 AM.