HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2 Blade Rage not deploying blades...
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 06:21 AM
annika3
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by GMMAT
Of course not (re: ALL). But, I think most bowhunters at least shoot a BH-tipped arrow or two before they hit the woods. I'm betting they either fix (or, have someone fix) serious tuning issues with fixed heads (enough to achieve acceptable - to them - flight) before hitting the woods.

That same hunter.....shooting mechanicals.....would NEVER KNOW he was out of tune.

Yes. They'll fly "just like a FP".

That's an absolutely UNETHICAL marketing campaign (IMO). They're (mechanical head mfr's who employ this mktg) playing to the lazy masses.

I believe a VERY small percentage of the "I've tried the Rage heads and they failed with me" claims. I believe a large percentage of the "I tried the Rage heads and lost a deer" claims.

Would the outcome (losing a deer) have been any different if that same bowhunter had been using a fixed head? That would depend on whether he did anything about being out of tune or not. At least with the fixed head, he'd have known he wasn't tuned.....and would be less likely to blame it on his broadhead.
Lets start with the "flies like a FP". Fixed head manufactures say the same thing so I gues it blows your "it's a mechanicals unethical marketing campaign" out the window.

Most guys don't fix the tuning problem with fixed. They may shoot a Fixed BH or 2 but a lot of them say that's good and certainly don't get it fixed. Would you rather have a guy shooting that can hit his spot with a slightly out of tune bow with a mechanical or the guy that has that same slightly untuned bow shooting a fixed at a deer at 30 yards.

I will take the mechanical hitting the spot compared to the fixed flying off the mark everyday!

How many of those deer that were lost by a fixed head because of the small diameter and didn't hit the mark (because of the arrow flight due to the fixed head) would have been
found if they were using a 2" mechanical (Rage). It goes both ways!

By the way there champ, I don't like to be called lazy so you and everyone that says it, STOP using "only lazy people who can't tune a bow shoot mechanicals". I'm so sick of that just because people use mechanicals they must be lazy.

Last edited by annika3; 10-21-2011 at 06:27 AM.