HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2 Blade Rage not deploying blades...
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 06:08 AM
annika3
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by fletch920
Why cant we talk about cutting surface? Not important, or just doesnt fit for your analogy? lol

Better flight.......really, I dont think so. A proper setup will react the same with either head.

I have never had my fixed blades flop open in the quiver. I dont have to worry about rubber bands. They wont kick the arrow sideways on hard quartering shots. I never have to look at them in the heat of the moment to double check them. They will penetrate better when they encounter heavy bone. And, I can use my fixed blades in any state and with any outfitter on any game. Believe me, I have shot deer with a bow and arrow for over 30 years now and have used fixed and large mechanicals. I have seen first hand the results of both and have no use for a mechanical unless I am hunting turkeys. The only game in my opinion that justifies their use. The last several mature bucks I shot with a muzzy never made it more than 70 yards. All fell within sight. Thats dead enough for me.

We can talk cutting surface. Lets use a 1/2", 16 blade head which would give us 4" of cutting surface. You actually think that, that head would be better than a 2" 2-blade head? I understand cutting suface, which is the damage caused within the cutting diameter and I'll take 2" diameter with a 2" cutting surface over a 1" 4-blade with the same 2" of cutting surface.
or even a 1 1/8" 4-blade.

With flight you are WAY off. You actually think a fixed head with pretruding blades that catches wind is going to fly better or even as good as a mechanical in windy conditions? or a poor release? or with your bow torqued? You just lost credibility.