HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2 Blade Rage not deploying blades...
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 05:38 AM
LittleChief
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by fletch920
Better flight.......really, I dont think so. A proper setup will react the same with either head.
He's spot on here, Todd. Shot out of a well tuned bow a fixed blade head will shoot just as good as the lowest profile mech, even out to your maximum range.

I have no problems with shooting mechs. I shot Grim Reapers for years. I switched to Slick Tricks simply because the Reapers were a bit on the dull side.

As for Rage heads, I have quite a few friends that shoot them and do well with them. I almost tried them, but I've just never cared for that huge, fat ferrule and the 2 1/2", ultra-steep cutting angle. There's no question in my mind that I could use them and get a pass-through (70#, 29.5" DL, total arrow weight 530 grains with 14% FOC), but there's just too much potential for something to go wrong. That's just me, though. To each his own. Good luck with whatever you decide to put on the business end of your arrow. They'll all kill deer if you do your part and put it where it needs to go.