HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2 Blade Rage not deploying blades...
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 02:42 AM
Outdoorcountry
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by GMMAT
...I believe a large percentage of the "I tried the Rage heads and lost a deer" claims.

Would the outcome (losing a deer) have been any different if that same bowhunter had been using a fixed head? That would depend on whether he did anything about being out of tune or not. At least with the fixed head, he'd have known he wasn't tuned.....and would be less likely to blame it on his broadhead.
So what related to the (Rear-Deploying mechanicals) is causing people to lose deer?

It sounds like you are basing the whole premise on a bow being tuned or not...that "should" be the case with eitheer BH...argument doesn't apply.

I can see a mis-placed shot...but you would lose a deer due to this with any BH.
I do see the point about having them open in the quiver. This has happened to me...I noticed the new blades have a radius cut out where it "snaps' into the O-ring...have people still been having troubles since this revision?
I do also see the point about bone-crushing...but the argument for both sides here is the same (a mis-placed shot). If the shot is right, I shouldn't "need" a bone-crushing BH/Large bleeder hole.

I just lovethe hole it rips through when the shot "is" right. Lung blood Everywhere!
I will shoot a fixed if there is a little golden rod close to the deer with confidence it will hit the spot....I wouldn't with a mechanical.

I guess I'm saying I'm not convinced one is better over the other...just different points I like about both.

As far as those guides that won't allow Rages...are they pro-staffers for another brand? (call me skeptical)