HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2 Blade Rage not deploying blades...
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 08:00 PM
fletch920
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by annika3
1. Larger cutting diameter which gives you a larger area of damage (I'm not talking cutting surface) which leads to better blood trails and easier and quicker recoveries.

2. Better flight on windy days

3. Better flight on a poor release

4. Better flight if you torque your bow

In all honesty, I'm not sure what benefits a fixed blade gives you.
Why cant we talk about cutting surface? Not important, or just doesnt fit for your analogy? lol

Better flight.......really, I dont think so. A proper setup will react the same with either head.

I have never had my fixed blades flop open in the quiver. I dont have to worry about rubber bands. They wont kick the arrow sideways on hard quartering shots. I never have to look at them in the heat of the moment to double check them. They will penetrate better when they encounter heavy bone. And, I can use my fixed blades in any state and with any outfitter on any game. Believe me, I have shot deer with a bow and arrow for over 30 years now and have used fixed and large mechanicals. I have seen first hand the results of both and have no use for a mechanical unless I am hunting turkeys. The only game in my opinion that justifies their use. The last several mature bucks I shot with a muzzy never made it more than 70 yards. All fell within sight. Thats dead enough for me.