HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2 Blade Rage not deploying blades...
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 02:21 AM
GMMAT
Dominant Buck

As much as I think it should be the hunter's choice, I assume his info's correct....and that the Rage head is outlawed (even in states where mechanicals are legal) by some outfitters. I even understand "why".

I say this because..............most people shooting mechanicals have NO BUSINESS shooting mechanicals. Hell, I used to be one of the people I'm talking about. I shot them, and had NO IDEA my bow/arrow was out of tune.

I have no issues with mechanicals. Out of the right setup, they're the most prolific killers of animals out there. Out of the wrong setup, they're a nightmare waiting to happen. What percentage of archery hunters utilizing mechanicals do you think are in tume? I'm guessing it isn't very high.

I'd ask the same question re: fixed heads.....but, folks shooting fixed heads are forced to make adjustments .....or risk moderate to terrible arrow flight. The problem with the mechanical is..........if your POI is in the same spot as your FP, lots of hunters will call that "good". That's unfortunate.