HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting Whitetail - need odorless repellent!
Old 10-18-2011, 08:20 PM
ghh3rd
Spike

Default Hunting Whitetail - need odorless repellent!

Here I'm 58, and this is only my second year hunting. So far I've not had the opportuntiy to kill a deer or hog, but I keep trying. My friend is very experienced, so I am learning a lot from him. Last weekend I hunted Archery, this weekend I'll be sitting in my stand with my muzzloader.

Between all of my scouting expiditions (did use lots of repellent for them) and hiking through the woods over the past two years I have accumulated many insect bites, and many are ticks. Unfortunately I'm hyper sensitive to them, and my 'wounds' last about three weeks and go through all stages of swelling, pus, itching etc. I sure have the scars to prove I've been in the woods.

When hunting, I use a Thermacell which helps with the skeeters and no seeums. Other than that, no repellent/no odor. Are there any homemade odorless hunting friendly insect repellent recipees out there? I'd like to 'take a bath' in some before I go out again, but odorless is the key.

Wish me luck -- it's my turn to kill something tasty.

Randy