HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How 'bout it Va? What you all seeing out there?
Old 10-18-2011, 07:17 PM
VA5326
Typical Buck

Yep, still with the GM. With the economy in the tank we have picked up a couple more leases to hunt as well as the GM. We have been seeing a ton of deer, just no shooters. The GM piece has really started to produce the last couple of years. We've got plenty of acorns on certain parts. And yes it's a darn shame that they've cut alot of the oaks back on Morlen's property. I live for ML as well. We're going with a little different strategy this year. Staying out of our good spots until we know the rut is on. Over the past years we have had a habit of burning out good stands before they even become good. Take care o2be.

Originally Posted by o2bebowhunting
va5326--are you still with GM this year? i talked to buck last week and he told me its been slow down there. little or no acorns. morlen does not have a lot of oaks to begin with. they cut them all about 25 years ago. Buck lives for muzzlelaoder season(before the dog invasion). Goold luck.