HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Trailcams-do they take away from the excitement??
Old 10-18-2011, 10:22 AM
rh160kid
Typical Buck

Default Trailcams-do they take away from the excitement??

OK, so while I was checking my trailcams the other day I was as usual scanning thru the images checking out what bucks were roaming my area. Afterwards I reset the camera and began walking back out of the woods. On my walk out I started thinking about how the trailcam has changed the way we hunt. I started thinkin back to not so many years ago and how different things were pre trailcam. I am an avid scrape guy-I love hunting scrape lines and making mock scrapes. A few years back that meant time on stand and the great anticipation of what bucks were making scrapes, what time they were there,etc. It seemed like almost a MAGICAL moment when you finally laid eyes on what buck was hitting them scrapes. Now we stick a camera on it and presto-we get the deers identity, time, moon phase, temp and so on. Now dont get me wrong I LOVE trailcams and think there an amazing/invaluable tool and dont in any way guarantee success takin a deer you get pictures of. That being said, a part of me liked and misses that old feeling of anticipation as to the mysterious scrape/rub makers roaming my areas. I dont want to start a thread on the way technology changes everything. Guys that hunted pre trailcam and now that use trailcams-whats your feelings on this???