HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Va.. Hows everyones season going?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2003, 05:16 AM
02bhntn
Fork Horn

Default RE: Va.. Hows everyones season going?

Opening morning I passed on a 6 and 2 3-pointers (club rules) ^6 points or better, but the 6 pointer was about 10" wide. Not big enough for me. Monday after work I swung up to THE HILL and was in my stand at 4:30 and at 4:45 I harvested a 75 lb doe. I hunted Fridany morning in Fauquier and at 0730 I harvested a 95 lb doe. I had another 6 pointer, a 3 pointer and a spike all within 10 yards of me when I shot her. This Saturday I watched a spkie and a 3 pointer for about an hour in a field Just as I was bout to get down to eas out so that they wouldn' t detect me I saw a massive 10 pointer enter the far side of the field . I knew he would never make it to me in time so I ease out so as no to spooke him at dark. Monday just passed I had a spike and a 5 and 6 pointer within 7 yards. Passed on all of them. The 6 wasn' t big enough by my standards. I guess you could say that I have had a great opening to the deer seasons. I will be out again tomorrow to try my hand at my ground blind location.