HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2 Blade Rage not deploying blades...
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 05:39 AM
Todd1700
Nontypical Buck

More ad hominem, how typical.
Who told me to get over myself? I guess the ad homonym attacks only register with you if they are incoming. Anyway, I'll say this and I'm done with it.

Was that perfect deployment by that Rage head? Nope, but it did open to a diameter greater than most fixed heads and placed through the lungs that's a killer. So if you are saying that deer survived a double lung pass through from that head then you are mistaken. If that deer couldn't be found within a 200 yard grid pattern search then sorry you must have only got one lung. If you are blaming the head for a lack of a blood trail which made it difficult for you to find the deer then fine. But as I stated earlier I've have some terrible blood trails on double lung hits from even 4 blade fixed heads. Blood trails are weird that way. The good news is that with a double lung hit they don't go far enough to matter.

Also, despite all the hype a Rage is at the end of the day a two blade broadhead. I have used two blade heads out of my recurve (not Rages of course) and while they kill deer just as dead as anything else, two blade heads in general do not yield the blood trails that 3 and 4 blade heads do. I wouldn't call that a failure. Just the physics of a blade that makes a slit in something rather than a triangle shaped hole that tends to stay gapped open better.

Last edited by Todd1700; 10-15-2011 at 05:48 AM.