HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Alabama/Georgia Info Here. Share Mast/Movement etc...
Old 10-14-2011, 06:59 AM
JeffHoskins
Spike

Default Alabama/Georgia Info Here. Share Mast/Movement etc...

PLEASE SHARE ALL INFO ON ALABAMA/GEORGIA 11-12 SEASON, MISSISSIPPI IS RELEVANT AS WELL IF YOU HAVE HARDWOODS. EVERYONE RESPOND TO BUMP THE THREAD, THANKS!!!

Here is what I have learned scouting the past few weeks:

I have seen velvet on some and hard horns on others, mostly out of velvet at this point though. I have seen the swamp white/ swamp chestnuts dropping on some trees. Some red oaks are dropping good, this is where I've seen the most sign under. I have seen rubs under a couple big red oaks this past weekend. Looks like they are hanging out under them and rubbing velvet off, very fresh rubs. Not the full on pre-rut rubbing but some definite sign.

I have a lot of luck each year hunting under water oaks, even though they have the smallest acorn they seem to drop the most acorns for the longest time. These are not dropping yet that Ive seen, for the most part. I have a oak bottom where it stays wet and these water oaks started dropping last weekend. It looks like someone has been raking under these trees. My strategy opening day is hunting the trail leading from the oak bottoms, where they are dropping, to the water source they are using. Several nice bucks on camera, deer appear to be moving 7-930am, 11-2pm, and 5-730pm. The 2 large ones I have seen both moving at 530pm. Though this area is practically a wildlife sanctuary the hunting pressure is so low. Even though I am dying to hunt Saturday morning, I think I will just hunt does on a green field. This way I will avoid jumping a deer sneaking into the deep woods in the morning and blow my chance of seeing the big guys at 530. Share any knowledge you have as well....

My prospects in Bullock County, AL:

.... DAYTIME PICS, oh f yeah!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5349670...7627879961028/