HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Success 1st deer of the season
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 06:10 AM
Byrnzy
Spike

Default Success 1st deer of the season

Well let me preface this with the fact that any day now I will be welcoming my first daughter and third child into this world. So needless to say I needed to get it done if I wanted a chance at a deer this early season.
I decided to go out with little time to spare till darkness about 1hour and 45 min. While I was getting ready I heard a large rustling right over the hill from my vehicle about forty yards away. So I strapped the release on and crept over only to find two small bucks playing around with out a care in the world. I watched for a bit then continued on.
I was able to sneak into the tree with the perfect wind. Within about thirty minutes I heard footsteps. A couple of does where coming my way. I waited for the quartering away shot on the lead doe and picked my spot. The angle of the shot was such that I ended up clipping her spine and going strait through her heart. She never took a step, fell over and literally was done in five seconds.
It was the perfect night. I got to bring my five year old to find her and help me bring her home for processing. I thank God for the evening and for the ability and freedom to enjoy His creation.
Attached Images