HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best Reloading Manual
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 03:37 PM
Don Fischer
Fork Horn

Buy a manual by the company who's bullets your going to use. Ya can't have to many manuals. You can use anyone's manual for the same wt bullet. Just start down low and work your way up. Bottom line on manuals is they are all good, I say that having never looked in a Barnes manual; I never have used Barnes bullets.

I have a Pact MK IV chronograph and I chronograph every load once I find one I want to use. My chronograph Has a built in Trajectory system. By feeding it info on the bullet and letting it know how I want to sight in, it will give me complete trajectories out much farther than I will shoot. Can be done in very small increment's of yds. also. I have shot my rifles against the data I get and it is right on. It also gives remaining velocity at every step. With a formular for ft lbs e, you can figure remaining energy where ever you want.

Figuring energy:

velocity times velocity devide by 64.32 (specific wt of gravity) devide by 7000 ( number of grains in a pound) times bullet wt in grains equals ft lbs e.