HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What is the best climbing stand for the money?
Old 09-30-2011, 01:26 AM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

you can buy the shrink wrap on ebay for cheap..I put mine on with a hand held butane torch..I have to put new shrink wrap on my Summit cables every year..no problem..but a 10.00 cost..takes about an hour...
New cables are 40.00 so I learned how to wrap my own Lol
For you who don't have a Summit..the shrink wrap is a coating around the 5/16th cable..it keeps the cable quiet while climbing and minimizes rust from getting on the cable..

I am over 300 pounds and have had no problem worrying about safety..I have lost a few pounds though since the last hunting season.

I love the Bulletbackpacker model as I hunt in dense terrain. I can manuever in the vegetation without getting my stand tangled up while carrying it in. I've had my stand since 2004...I since wanted a spare when I knew they only made the fold up model for one year..I simply typed in 'Bulletbackpacker Summit and I found 4 stores that still had a couple .I ended up buying the 2nd one from a hardware store from Mississippi.

Last edited by Chuck7; 09-30-2011 at 01:31 AM.