HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Guy caught in the act stealing tree stand.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:01 PM
Mottz
Nontypical Buck

I'm going back to the 1st post. Not that I'm saying its true but its just simply amazing about the responses and the controversy this causes.

Remarkably he shot the man in the back of the knee cap and left him. Later to see him crawling to his buddy get away truck without a stand but a muzzy 100 grain fixed blade arrow in his leg.
So this guy shot him, then maybe decided to hunt for a little while, and why wouldn't he, he sounds like a marksman with that bow, then maybe decided to go home and seen this guy crawling out.....never did say he went to confront him. The crawling guy must have been too fast for this guy to catch up with.

But then why would ya try to catch him??? Attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon versus tresspassing and theft of a treestand(unless it was one of those GOLD treestands which would make it a felony instead of a misdemeanor).

Yep, I must be wrong in my head. After this subject I decided to quit my job, put up a 34' fence, surveillance cameras and all I do is drive around my land just to make sure my $100 treestand stays where its suppose to. Who cares about my kids having a dad or my wife having a husband. I still have my treestand.

Maybe a few on here are just voicing, just to see the controversy continue. If thats the way halfbaked, you see is the way to control your land then so be it. Maybe its all about Texas? You guys are the right ones and the rest of us are wrong. But then again maybe we are the smarter ones to get away from the Texas way of enforcement?