HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Guy caught in the act stealing tree stand.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:29 PM
Alltlk4
Fork Horn

I come across a stand laying in the woods that someone else had attempted to steal (perhaps they heard the owner approaching and ditched the stand at the last minute so they wouldn't get caught). I pick it up with the intention of turning it over to law enforcement in order to get it back to the rightful owner. On the way out of the woods, i come across pissed-off halfbaked who mistakenly thinks that i'm the one the stole his stand...and he shoots me in the back 'because that's the way we handle things in texas!'

HALFBAKED I am sure in this statment he is speaking in a hypothetical term that he was on public land and found the stand. I could be wrong. He was trying to do the right thing and he got shot. You shot an innocent person doing a good deed.

You may live in Texas but you still live in my world. Shoot first and ask questions later, that can never go wrong. You are right, dead people don't sue, let me think maybe he has children or a wife, I am sure that has never happened oh wait it happens all the damn time. Nicole Simpson did not sue OJ but her family sure as hell did and won. Doesn't matter you are just going to come back with a rant about if you touch my stuff I am going to kill you. You go on and continue that idea and when you kill someone who walked on your land and you kill him becasue he took your game camera please have fun defending yourself in court and spending money on a lawyer and court cost and if you do get off think of how much it actually cost you to kill the guy. Or if you go to prison think of the good it did. He is in the ground and you are in cell. Who really won.