HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dad needs help picking out his 1st crossbow
Old 09-29-2011, 12:25 PM
ststutz
Spike

Default thanks

thanks for the info. I've been looking around a bit and have found some real good prices on Parkers which i know make a solid compound. i found a parker enforcer kit for $368 and a parker crank ****ing mechanism for $120. I'm thinking this would probably be an adequate setup. he's not going to be shooting a lot and needs a ****ing assist. we're in michigan so this will strictly be a whitetail hunting crossbow. I was also considering the Parker Hornet which is a step up i think which is another $100 but i'm not sure if that is even necessary considering what he'll be using it for.

Updating our choices here. He's not going to be real mobile when hunting so the light compact design of the compound isn't really necessary, i'm sure he'd like the simplicity of the excaliburs. i found the axiom kit w/scope and bolts for $405 and their ****ing aid for $139. i'm thinking this might be the best way for him to go. Thanks for any other opinions guys.

Steve

Last edited by ststutz; 09-29-2011 at 12:47 PM.