HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Off Topic - STRANDED!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 07:40 PM
charlie brown
Nontypical Buck

I just had one last week. I was coming out of where I was camped and deer hunting. I had all of my lion hounds with me (5), and decided to let them run out to the main road since they had been on chains for two days in there. I was not more than 100 yards from camp, putting along, when I was suddenly sitting at about a 30 degree angle in a ditch. I noticed the ditch coming in, and stayed high enough that it was no worry. The ditch was filled of sage brush and very difficult to see. Add that to the fact that I was tired, and trying to pay attention to the dogs, and it was not good.

My right rear tire was completely off the ground, and my right front was barely touching. I tried for 1 1/2 hours or so and could not get un stuck. I decided it was time to walk the 5 miles out to the ranch and get help. I had made it about 1 mile or so, and looked back and saw a truck coming down the mountain on a different road. Luckily, I was able to get up to where he was camped, and he was able to pull me out no problems.

That was not the first time I have ever been stuck, and it certainly will not be my last, but it was the most recent. I could go on for days just on stories of being stuck, and showing pictures of it all as well.

No deer for me this muzzle loader season, so now the deer hunting is done, and I will be heading to California in a couple weeks to chase bears with the hounds.

Later,

Marcial