HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help! mosquitos!
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 11:05 AM
sussexhunter
Fork Horn

I use bug spray when its bad out. Im in delaware so i definitely feel your pain! I spray before I go into the woods. I hunt pretty high up and Im not out in the middle of nowhere. I say this because I believe when you hunt somewhat near houses, deer become accustomed to human scents and even if something is off(no pun intended) they attribute that to the house. Ive never really had a deer spook when I had bug spray, at least that Ive noticed and they still come around. Now if your hunting in no mans land, then maybe not such a great idea. Im not saying that scent wont spook deer, but I think a lot of people get hung up on all these products and think they have to be scent free. It has a lot more to do with hunting the wind than anything in my opinion. Just like some guys have that detergent to wash their clothes. I dont go out smelling like GQ but Ive been hunting before and smelled laundry coming from peoples house. just food for thought. Some of my buddies harvest their share every year and they are mr natural smelling rank fellas!