HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bolt on flash suppressor?
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 04:37 PM
dylan_b
Fork Horn

im agreeing with the two previous posts, doesnt work to well. i made about 3 dozen collet style muzzlebrakes and they are all pretty well in the garbage. actually they worked REALLY good for about 20 but i kept getting the same problem, id shoot and the brake would slowly inch its way forward. ive never had a bullet strike a brake yet but i can see it happeneing if the brake walks to far forward. ive also played around with using taper fit brakes. the theory to taper fit is good, just take a look at most drill chucks and you will find a morse sticky taper holding the chuck in. but to break a morse sticky taper, or any sticky taper for that matter, you just give it a sharp blow (like from a muzzleblast) and the part is free. i have no doubt a that if you use a taper fit you will have a muzzebrake somewhere down range. but on the other hand i was sent a pm from okie2 stating he made a aluminium muzzlebrake held in with a cross pin and a dowel pin. he said it worked so maybe you should be talking to him.