HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A Couple Of Bucks
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 06:50 AM
littlearrow
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by PastorJim08
Nice video. Has your season started yet?

Blessings......Pastorjim
Yes. Archery season started on 29th. Aug. Our deer, elk and moose population are very low in my two areas this year. There were lots of deer in bunches in southern Saskatchewan, Canada in January and February. We had a lot of up and down temperatures, a big snow storm in May and then flood conditions. Many deer died of starvation and ones that lived (does aborted) so reports claim 40 to 60% deer loss.
In my Manitoba, Canada area, very few deer have been seen the last few years. Elk population is down due to extended Elk season because herd reduction was recommended because of possible Chronic Wasting Disease which was blown out of proportion. Also conflict between farm people and Conservation. Many Moose died due to ticks and again starvation due to deep snow.
Due to the above, I am not hunting, just tring to get some good wildlife videos and pictures. This is disheartening some times as checking cameras 10 days to two weeks and the odd time longer, there is very few wild life pictures or videos. Nothing much for tracks. Baits are not permitted other than for bear.