HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Turkey Hunting - My first time out!
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 08:39 AM
trishamarie1104
Spike

Smile Turkey Hunting - My first time out!

I am brand new to hunting! I have always been a pretty hard core animal lover, but I come from a family of hunters (including my mom & sister), so this year I decided to pick up a gun and tried it out. I decided to start with turkey hunting! My cousin is in her first year of hunting as well, and she bagged her 1st turkey in the spring hunting season. She went with her dad the first time, and thought she had the hang of it so her and I decided to go hunting together. We had no prior experience with any of the different types of calls. We made several attempts at the box calls, and the slate, but they didn't sound right. So after an hour of sitting in the blind I grabbed my smart phone and looked up "fall turkey calls" on my mobile youtube app. We mimic'd what we heard on the "How To" videos, and within 10 to 15 minutes of calling the proper way we had 4 turkeys heading our way! They came out of now where and fast! The Tom split from the hens and headed toward our decoys. As he was crossing in front of us about 25 yards out I took my shot. Thanks to all the practice shooting I shot him right in the neck! Perfect shot! Unfortunately we weren't 100% on what to do after that... you'll see in the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm1D0...feature=colike

Last edited by trishamarie1104; 10-17-2011 at 05:27 AM.