HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My first Tikka
Thread: My first Tikka
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 07:57 PM
HatchieLuvr
Typical Buck

The Tikka is far superior to any of the "sloppy" Remingtons (SPS, Buckmasters etc...) You have to get into the XCR, CDL etc lines to get a better quality gun from Rem. Beretta just flatout doesn't make junk. All of their guns are quality. Lord knows they own the auto shotgun market and have for years. I LOVE my Sako TRG-S (.308 Lazzeroni Warbird) and my oldest son is about to turn 16 and "thinks" he "needs" a bigger rifle than his model 7 youth. I've pretty much narrowed it down too either the Tikka or an A-bolt for him. The Tikka certainly offers more for the dollar than the Browning. In selling all of them for 20 years I can NEVER recall ever having a comeback on either a Sako or a Tikka. CAN'T say that about anyother rifle maker and we sold essentially all of them in those 2 decades (85-05).

With Beretta having owned Burris for nearly a decade now I'm surprised we've never seen factory pairings of them on Tikka/Sako rifles. I'm kinda tempted for a Sako 85 Classic myself and a Burris SixX atop it would suit me just fine.

And like you said, what's NOT to like about a rifle you can pick up out of the box and INSTANTLY start printing 1" groups!
HL