HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2010 Northern Virginia Buck Photos
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 07:54 AM
hcbrann
Spike

I just recently moved up to the DC area after graduating from VT and have been looking at hunting Quantico this season. Ive hunted duck and dove almost my whole life but havent started getting into deer hunting until the last couple years down at school and Im hooked. Ive scouted a bunch of good areas down there and put a friend of mine on his first buck, but im still desperately trying to get mine. Hopefully this will be the year! Yall are obviously way more experienced than me at this so ill leave the trophy dear for yall, I just want something to put in the freezer and to call my first. I'll be down there this Saturday to buy my license and take the class and hopefully scout most of the afternoon. I would ask for some pointers but yall have already shared more than enough info for a rookie like me to get my feet wet. The only time on mornings I can hunt is weekends but I'm lucky that i have a job that I can take half days fairly easy, so I plan on hunting afternoon-evening a couple days a week once the season starts.

BTW - i only plan on hunting with slugs but I am really tempted to buy a bow, been wanting one for a while.

-HB