HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lets share----Bowhunting tips and tricks
Old 09-19-2011, 09:08 AM
*twodogs*
Fork Horn

Liquid rubber the openings where your cables slide in and out of into your climbing stand

For those who use climbers, take two screw in steps with you. If you fall out of the stand, the screw in steps help get you back in the stand and limits strangulation.

Toilet paper is great for marking blood trails, after a short period it disintegrates so there is no record of you being in the woods.

I walk a long ways to the stand and wear as little clothing as possible, usually just the base layer. After you are in your stand for 30-40 minutes, layer up as you get cold.

Walk heel to toe, much quieter when going through the woods when the leaves are dropping.

Get a head lamp that produces multicolored lighting, one of the best things I added to my pack.

Use your smartphone to monitor hourly weather reports while on stand. If late afternoon calls for shifting winds, you know ahead of time and can change stands.

Use your smartphone to record each days hunt, where you entered, exited, what you saw, temps, winds, precipitation..etc. I have used these logs to my advantage many times.