HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Fell out of a tree stand
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 02:39 AM
PastorJim08
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
i almost fell once, now i just dont sleep in the stand..i know i should get a harness, but there is always sumthin better at the time to get.
Originally Posted by xGREENx
im the exact same as you halfbaked, i havent fallen from tree nor come close (knock on wood). Theres always something id rather buy than a harness. ill look at one and say i should get that, but by that time i will already have 200$ worth of things in my hands and i say maybe next time, and than next time rolls around and the same thing happens.
Let me be perfectly clear about this. You all are just plain playing with fire if you don't wear a safety harness. I too didn't wear one for many years. My wife kept nagging me about it and I would always tell her I was going to get one but I never did. One day we were in Gander Mountain and she just up and buys it for me. I started wearing it and do you know the very first time I put it on and got into a stand, the stand BROKE. Had I not been wearing that vest, I would have fallen to the ground and who knows what the outcome would have been. Later that same year, believe it or not, I had another stand break. Again, I would have been pitched to the ground without the vest. You can be as careful as you know how, I always was too, but you can't do anything about a stand suddenly failing. Now, I won't get in a tree without one. BUY ONE. NOTHING IS WORTH YOUR LIFE OR HEALTH.

Blessings.....Pastorjim