HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Outdoor Channel?
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 10:45 AM
chas0218
Spike

I enojoy watching the shows but I ignore all the hype. For instance all the scents and new gear that people just have to buy to be a successful hunter, all garbage. I have friends that swear by all the crap they see on TV like, buck bombs, tinks this, golden that and they kill less deer than myself and my wife. I do the same as lee and I put my wife on the deer in hopes she shoots a nice one. I take what these shows say with a grain of salt and use my own experience and knowledge to kill mature deer.

My all time favorite show is Ted Nugents just because he tells it like it is and kills the deer for food not the game.

There are a lot of new products out there and its cool to see but myself and my wife use what is tried and true. Another thing I just love seeing is everyone of those shows using these perfect never had a problem Rage broadheads.

I laugh everytime I see these guys shoot deer in the middle of the day and then retrieve them that night when its pitch black out? Seriously tell me other people have picked up on this. The only deer I retreive at night are ones I made a bad shot on or ones that were shot at sunset.