HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Outdoor Channel?
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 12:41 PM
doetrain
Nontypical Buck

I thought the Outdoor Channel would be worth all the money and other useless channels I had to accept to get it with Insight Cable here in my area but it was'nt, so I got rid of it. After watching most of the hunting shows It got old real quick. The story lines and hunting seemed pretty much the same only different hunters and sponsers thats about it. It useually wen't like this. The Stars show up looking like they just walked out of Bass Pro in all new gear,They get fed at the Outfitters Lodge,They get up are driven to the stand or blind,They shoot a big Buck,They go back and eat again show off the Buck and 15 commercials later the next show comes on and we repeat the process with different people and maybe a different animal. Now some of the Stars are more interesting than others and they seem like really great guys and gals but even that can't keep me watching some of them very long if they don't show more than bang or twang dead deer and thats what hunting is all about? This is why I now prefer to by DVD's that show more than the kill and more actual hunting with and without success which we all know is the norm.