HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Defense revolver. 32H&R vs 38spl vs 327FedMag ?
Old 09-06-2011, 03:14 AM
Bulzeye
Nontypical Buck

Handloader:
The Model 60 is on my list too. There are a ton of 357/38s out there, but that one caught my eye too. Thanks.

Good suggestions. The 3" is definitely the minimum since there she does not plan to carry this gun concealed, and we want to longer sight radius and faster velocity.
She shoots my 22 rifle already and will shoot my 22 semiauto. She has wanted to buy a 22 for a long time, but now feels that her first weapon should be for protection, and is willing to put in the practice it will require to become competant with it.
Regarding the shotgun, I considered a side-by-side, but she isn't interested in shotguns at all, and we are both more comfy with her keeping one hand free and the other hand on a foolproof revolver. Thanks.

Bible_Man:
I'm totally with you on keeping a snubbie around for good measure. Hides easy and at short range they are hard to beat. We'll be going with at least a 3" barrel, and they make em on j-sized guns, even though the 2" is far more common. We ahve also discussed other aspects of preparing for home defense, such as a flashlight, cell phone near the bed, what to say when you call 911, how close she can let the bad guy get before she risks getting her gun taken, what to do when the police show up, etc. I think she'll be in good shape when we find a gun to fit her hand and she gets some practice under her tiny little belt.