HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A little unhappy about my PSE WhiteTail Extreme.... need help
Old 10-13-2003, 06:59 AM
Arthur P
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: A little unhappy about my PSE WhiteTail Extreme.... need help

I guess your bow came with Synergy wheels instead of the Lightning single cam? That would explain the 265 rating. Otherwise it should IBO around 290-300.

Most bow companies need to put a disclaimer on their advertised speeds: " You don' t have a prayer of getting anywhere close to this speed!" [:' (]

The IBO speed they advertise is not the minimum arrow speed you can expect with a bow. It' s the absolute maximum that a bow is capable of shooting with a 350 grain arrow at 70 pounds draw weight and 30" draw length. The bow is not set up like someone that intended to actually use it would have it set up. The bow has a minimal contact rest and maybe one nocking point. Or the nocking point could be only be a mark on the string. That' s it.

Any departure from how the bow was shot for that ad speed will change the speed it shoots. Unfortunately for you, all your departures cost arrow speed. Extras like the string loop and silencers, for instance. Peep sights - the ones with rubber tube alignment REALLY knock speed for a loop. Less than 30" draw. Less than 70 pounds draw weight. Heavier than 350 grain arrow. Bow tune.

Frank laid it out very well.

I' m glad you found out what you had before heading out to the woods with those mechanicals.