HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A little unhappy about my PSE WhiteTail Extreme.... need help
Old 10-13-2003, 03:45 AM
willtill

Default A little unhappy about my PSE WhiteTail Extreme.... need help

I finally bought a chronograph, and was very curious to see the speed of my arrows coming off of my PSE WhiteTail Extreme that I acquired this year. It' s advertised to shoot at least 265 fps.

I checked it with the chronograph and to my dismay, it' s only shooting at 217 fps.... the bow is set up for 65 pound draw, my draw length is 28" and the arrows are Redhead Carbon Supremes that weigh a total of 417 grains. I have two string silencers and a ropenock loop. I am also using a Whisker Biscuit for a rest. The arrow fits loosely in the Biscuit and I have trimmed the rear area of the Whisker Biscuit' s " whiskers" to make them more flat that concave.

I was planning to shoot Spitfire 100 grain mechanical hunting tips, but now with the recently realized lower bow speed, there' s no way that I' m getting enough kinetic energy to operate those properly. I' ve had to switch to 100 grain Muzzy 4 blade broadheads, while having to accept the fact that I' m loosing a 1/2" of cutting ability by not being able to use the Spitfires (which were 1 1/2" cutting surface). I chose the Muzzy broadheads because it has been said that they shoot the same as field points, which they appear to do.

How can I get the advertised speed in my PSE WhiteTail Extreme? When I bought my bow, I asked them to make sure that it was adjusted for the most poundage possible. The bow tech' s at Bass Pro looked at it and said that the limbs were already adjusted for maximum poundage.

Kindest Regards,

-Will in Maryland