HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team - BUCK U - Thread (team 3)
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 02:56 PM
IOWABUCKHUNTR
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by zubba
Thanks Iowabuckhunter. I hope you connect on a nice one this year. If you do & if interested in getting it mounted, call early. I'm going to be cutting back on the number of heads I do this year. I accepted a new full time job that eats up a lot of nights & my wife and I are expecting our first kid in a couple weeks. So I won't have as much time as I used to for taxidermy.

Yeah, I hunt around the Dubuque area. Actually south of Dubuque in Jackson County. How about you? What part of IA are your from/hunt?

I'll mostly be in Guthrie County this year, and with a little luck I will be getting into a couple of our other little honey holes, but they have only been managed for 2 years now. I also have access to some prime land down in Van Buren County right north of the Missouri border, but due to time constraints i.e New Job, I probably won't make it down there at all. I normally take all my animals to a local taxidermist, but he's become quite popular and it takes him a longer period of time now to get them back, so I'll be shopping a bit this year.

I actually went to school up in Cedar Falls a few years ago, so I know the northeast part of the state pretty well.