HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2010 Northern Virginia Buck Photos
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 11:51 AM
QuanticoKidd
Fork Horn

I will defiantly check on that and join. I found a spot last year where I sat for 5 times and saw 6+ deer everytime I sat at first I thought I was just lucky but I'm starting to think the deer are in this areas for a certain reason its funny becuase its a place where most hunters walk right past and its only about 100 yards wide and 300 yards long but it seems to hold alot of deer I saw 4 bucks and tons of does and every deer I saw crossed a trail into this training area and followed at very old road/path.

I put my cameras out on Quantico during the early season and Nov I have got some nice buck pictures but all of them are at night I'm well aware Quantico has some very big bucks I will be honest I feel I'm a good young hunter and have seen alot of good deer for the little time I have hunted but I see guys on Quantico that "almost" kill big bucks every year or atleast see mature deer regularly I'm just wondering what seperates them from just see maybe a doe to seeing 2+ mature bucks every hunting season I maybe see a big buck on Quantico about every 2-3 years and I would like to see them more often I use scent control as far as the buck sign goes I get a little confused becuase there are rubs everywhere sometimes and not really sure what to make of that becuase I'm well aware that i can't hunt every where at all times

I hunt mostly gun areas 7A, 14's, 13,10A, 7A/9D spit use to be my favorite but they closed the gate and you cannot drive back there anymore so I find it hard to hunt becuase I have to go so far back in there TA13 I love to hunt becuase alot of guys don't want to mess with that area but there are truly some huge bucks in there and yes you are right every area has big bucks but I want to become a hunter that gets on big deer every year and not have to eat a "Tag Sandwhich" plus I like my picture on trophy wall