HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How's the hunting in MO?
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 07:59 PM
freebirdfb
Fork Horn

MO is a great place to hunt deer with a lot of hunting opportunities on both public and private land. Being in the kansas city area and do not mind traveling, There is a large conservation area near the Northern border that, if my memory is correrct, was once a strip mine for coal and is now full of both trees and fields with large bucks. On the other hand you could drive a little south and find good hunting as well. A few years ago my uncle was hunting in Bates county and took a first light shot on a buck. Broke the front shoulder with a .243 and didn't recover it. It was found the next year and was reported. Scored at 165. So we have big bucks for the trophy hunter and plenty of does for those that want meat.

Oh yeah we have some public hunting areas that for some reason get over looked by the deer hunting public, and I recieved my Missouri Conservationist magazine today. It states that MDC has 5 staffed ranges and 70 unstaffed ranges, The one in Kansas City region is near Lake City (yes thats the ammo plant)

Last edited by freebirdfb; 08-26-2011 at 08:08 PM. Reason: additional info