HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Nebraska Public Land Mule Deer Question
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 01:13 PM
bchunts
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BPeterson
Sticky situation you got there.....unfortunately Nebraska doesn't have A LOT of public ground and the ground that is public has tons of guys like yourself trying to hunt it, so it can get a little crowded.

If I were you I would look into Ogallala national grasslands, Red Willow WMA which is north of McCook in the SW corner of the state, Halsey National Forest, those are the ones that I've heard have good mullies....I'm in eastern NE, so I'm a whitetailer

Also take a look at this guid:
http://outdoornebraska.ne.gov/hunting/pdf/huntguide.pdf

I GOT THE ITCH!!!!!!!!!!
BPete
I'm sorry I have to disagree with you there. Out west there is alot of public ground and if you stop by game and fish office outside Chadron and buy a map there is even more land that's not listed on map of games and park website. You can run into lots of hunters if you road hunt, if you are willing to hike back a mile or 2 you can get away from most hunters and get into some nice mule deer and whitetail. The grasslands gets hit pretty hard and deer move out pretty early in the gun season. Come on out, you will have a great time. Good luck to you.