HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Northern IL Public Bow Hunting Land
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 06:06 PM
fastetti
Nontypical Buck

The fact sheets are somewhat misleading for total hunters in some areas because they include all hunters and a lot of places have walk in pheasant hunting which throws the numbers off a lot. The best bet is to call and ask when someone will be on staff there that works during the hunting season and talk with them. These people that work during the hunting season know where the most deer are taken and generally don't mind telling a few people where they see most the deer. Remember, most of these people that wprk there spend 40 or so hours a week there and see a lot that goes on. I know one spot I hunted for pheasant would tell me that during deer season all the hunter would trek way back in the woods and he would see deer within a 100 yards of the check in station. I'd say put in the driving and talk with the people who work at the parks and they'll help you al lot.

Google Maps works well for me as well as Bing Maps. Usually you can tell the spots that are the farthest from the road as well.